Misty II: Your
The Core Problem
Eldercare today is an issue of supply and demand. Our population is aging at a faster pace than the growth of the population of people to care for them. As a result, the market is ready for technological and digital disruption.
Robots as Part of the Solution
- Enable people to live at home longer
- Help solve for loneliness and the need for companionship
- Address the challenges associated with memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Tackle the problem of falling
- Expand caregiver capacity
- Help alleviate the stress of the caregiver position
Misty II is a Platform for Serving the Silver Economy
Misty II is the first professional-grade platform robot. Leveraging your code creativity and third-party API’s, there are a wealth of assignments Misty can take on and a wealth of new business products and services you can introduce for the Silver Economy.
Serving the Elderly
- Smart Home/Room Conductor – Misty assists her human with controlling the “smart” elements of the house/room, allowing greater independence.
- Senior Companion – Misty serves as a companion, keeping her human engaged while reducing loneliness.
- Senior Assistant – Misty serves as a personal assistant, helping and nudging her human to navigate day-to-day life.
- Fall Detection Safety Monitor – Misty keeps an eye on her human, monitoring for falls and calling for help if needed.
- Medication Monitor – Misty reminds her human when to take medication, monitors and sends an alert if not properly taken.
- Memory Coach – Misty works with her humans by playing memory games to help train brain skills like short-term memory, working memory and remembering.
- Eldercare Concierge – Misty is available to her seniors to answer common questions, saving caregivers precious time and relieving the stress associated with answering repeated questions.
- Wellbeing Monitor – Misty serves as a monitor, sending video to a central or remote location, so caregivers can keep an eye on activity without being on the spot, allowing attention to additional duties.
- Caregiver Sidekick – Misty helps the caregiver by engaging with an elder under their care, redirecting conversations when they ask challenging difficult questions, reducing the stress of some interactions.