Socially Assistive Robots Have a Role to Play
- Expand capacity for 1:1, personalized support and address resource limitations
- Enable continuance of therapy in the home and increase its frequency
- Provide motivation and drive engagement
- Supplement family resources where there is lack of in-home knowledge and/or time
- Accelerate rehabilitation to insure positive outcomes
- Enable quality of life relative to daily living
- Assist in achieving independence
Misty II is a Platform for Therapy
Put Misty to Work as a Part of Your Therapy Team
- Autism Therapy – Misty becomes part of the treatment team for children with autism especially in the areas of communications and social interaction.
- Speech and Language Pathology – Misty assists in exercises targeted at the planning, sequencing, and coordination of muscle movements for speech production.
- Social Skill Modeling and Training – Misty joins therapists in training individuals in social skills and interaction associated with autism and other behavioral disorders.
- Language Learning – Misty helps in the learning of English or other languages as a second language with flash card exercises, quizzes and more.
- Emotional Regulation – Misty participates in affective therapy to improve the general mood and well-being of an individual as well as help with episodes of mood disturbance.
- Rehabilitative Therapy – Misty assists with and motivates rehabilitation after a debilitating medical occurrence through specialized skills like learning by imitation.
- Cognitive Training – Misty works with her human to improve aspects of cognition, such as memory through skills anchored on cognitive training.
- Companionship – Misty serves as a companion, keeping her human engaged while reducing loneliness, with a wide range of skills such as games and exercise activities.
- Daily Living Assistance – Misty serves as a coach to remind and instruct on tasks essential to daily life, helping the individual to assist in achieving independence